Healthy Living | Matcha Smoothie

May 22, 2014

matchasmoothie1 matchasmoothie2
I'm keeping today's recipe a bit short. My poor honey is stuck in bed with a nasty stomach bug and I'm on tea & soup duty. Poor guy, and on his birthday no less! I'm excited to share one of my favourite smoothies with you though... such an amazing pick me up and I love drinking it prior to a work-out or on busy days. Are you guys familiar with matcha? It's a finely milled, powered version of green tea and has a slew of fabulous benefits. It's high in antioxidants, increases concentration and detoxifies the body + strengthens the immune system. You can read more about all the amazing benefits here! Okay, let's get to it...

You'll need:

1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder
3/4 cup almond or soy milk (I use unsweetened)
1 tsp honey
1 banana
1/2 avocado

Throw it all in your blender and blend. Yummiest and fastest meal ever, right?! Sometimes, I like to add organic blueberries and fresh ginger. If you do, you'll want to increase your almond or soy milk slightly. Have a question? Let me know in the comments and I'll be sure to answer! 

I found this recipe via Canadian Living! Find the original recipe here: Matcha green tea smoothie!


13 sweet notes:

  1. Oh my this looks delicious! (A much healthier version of my Starbucks vice... the green tea frappe!) In fact, I was JUST thinking about how I should start making matcha smoothies at home... it's like you were reading my mind ;)
    I hope your man feels better asap! With a lovely lady like you by his side, I'm sure he'll be back to 100% in no time!
    Have a beautiful day!
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that Martin is still feeling under the weather - and on his birthday week, too, boo! Sending healthy thoughts his way. As for this smoothie, it almost looks good enough to convince me to drink something green... almost! (I have a weird food phobia of things that are green but shouldn't be, like juice, smoothies and, worst of all, ketchup! Probably something I should work on getting over.) Mainly because I'm so intrigued by the combination of two things I love but never thought of combining, banana and avocado - yum!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I need to make you a green smoothie the next time you visit! ;) Honestly though, try it! You'll be amazed at how great it tastes... I also love spinach & blueberry smoothies - total yum heaven!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping Martin feels better soon so that he can enjoy his birthday! This recipe sounds so good!! Going to have to try it this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good! Is it strange to say i've never tried avocados? haha

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2014/05/partner-with-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm this looks so delicious! I love matcha tea but haven't had it in forever! I know I'd feel better if this was on the menu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your poor hubby!! Good thing that he has you to look after him, though...I'm sure a couple of these matcha smoothies will set him right in no time!! XO


    www.StyleIsMyPudding.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sucks for your husband! What a lousy birthday! But yum, what a smoothie! I love avocado~

    xoxo, The Occasional Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura - Relatively OffbeatMay 23, 2014 at 6:11 AM

    This looks awesome!! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will definitely have to try this. Have you made your own almond milk before? It's pretty easy and makes a world of difference. I can send you the recipe if you like! So sad about your guy being sick! I know you were planning on hitting the road, so hopefully he feels better soon.

    XO Alison
    looksharplansing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alison, thank you!! <3 I actually just found a recipe the other day and have been dying to try it. I hear making your own is amazing! Hope you got my email... and let me know if you have any other questions. Happy long weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, really?! You've never tried avocados?!! They're my addiction. Love them on buttered toast + lightly salted. SO yummy!! Happy long weekend lovey and I'll be sure to respond to your email, ASAP! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you are going for best contents like I do, just go to see
    this web site everyday since it gives quality contents, thanks

    my site - bad credit car financing

    ReplyDelete

By The Shore | Vancouver Style Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger